Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

A nether turn in the road has changed my course once more. This last Memorial Day weekend has been a heart breaking one. I am not going to go into great details but the thing that happened in the past has happened to me a second time. Having your heart broken is not a great feeling. It leaves you with this empty void in your chest that hurts. After you realize that it is over you think that you will never let this horrible thing happen to you because you don’t want this pain. That is one reason why I have changed my summer plans.

The next few weeks that lay ahead of me are not ones of happiness. People say that graduating from high school should be a fun experience. There is not joy in it for me. Over the next week I have to say goodbye to all my high school friends. Most of them I will never see or lose contact with. Pack all of my stuff and get ready to move to a place I hate for a summer. Graduation night is going to suck for me because I have to hop on a plane that night and fly to Reno. (No celebrating for me)

This summer my plans are simple. I am going to move to norcal and work my ass off. Since there is nothing worthwhile for me to spend my money on up there I will be able to make bank. I am going to be employed by CAL FIRE working in Trinity County. I am not really looking forward to moving to NORCAL because living there in the past was horrible.
As for relationships I am planning on putting them on hold. There really is no reason to set myself up for a nether letdown. I am thinking about getting a cute dog or something.
As for the section in my life, after summer. I am planning on moving back to SD.

As for the summer plans I am still not 100% shore… So it might change…

Complex problems defy simple solutions. One cannot end poverty by giving every poor person money, nor is the world cleaned up if everyone rode their bikes to work instead of driving. We need to commit to a total solution for our perceived problems. We need also remember that most solutions hurt people too. What or who we hurt and who or what we fix is always the tough part of the equation.

No comments: