Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where Am I Going?

Am I ready for my life to change? That is the question that I have asked myself over and over these last few days. It seems my life is never still I am always changing myself, or who surrounds me. In less then a month I am going to be moving to Southern California once more. Hopefully this time is the last because San Diego is were I most feel at home. My goals are foremost to complete high school, then become a seasonal firefighter for CDF San Diego Unit, then go to a paramedic school. I don’t know what it is this last week, but I have this sense of anxiety that I am going to be changing everything about my life. Some of the changes will be for the better, some for the worst. I have fears of returning to my old high school because I have changed and matured but some of them have not. The best change that I have acquired by changing lives is that I am comfortable with being myself.

The test in life is not how far we go, but where we stand. Will we give in to selfishness and fear, or seek for others what we demand for ourselves: dignity and an equal chance?

No comments: